As the Copy/Web Editor, you’ll have two roles at the paper. First, you’ll edit the work of our writers for spelling, grammar, clarity and make sure it follows Canadian Press style. Second, you’ll publish our stories online using WordPress and prepare media (photos, video) for publication.
Editorial position qualifications:
- Strong understanding of the English language
- Experience in journalism is preferred, but only an interest is required
- Engaged with campus and aware of what issues the community is facing
- Strong organization and time management skills, including ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Canadian Press style preferred but not required
- Flexible schedule preferred
- Experience with DSLRs and photography and photo editing an asset
- Experience with WordPress and social media platforms an asset
Advertising Sales Representative
As our ad sales rep, you’re business-minded and not afraid to reach out. You’ll contact businesses and organizations with your plan to help them get their message out to students and the rest of the campus community. For your efforts you’ll be given commission based on sales.
Interested in applying or want to know more?
To apply, send your resumé and samples of your work (published or unpublished, academic work accepted) to email@example.com. Positions will be filled as soon as possible. If a position is still posted on this page, applications are still being accepted.
To be eligible for any of the above positions, you must be a student at Thompson Rivers University while you work. Students who will be employed by the TRU Students’ Union during their employment period may not be eligible to work for the newspaper in order to avoid any conflict of interest. Applicants are asked to disclose all potential conflicts of interest.
Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Questions before you apply? Just ask. Reach out to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org